Bacon and Mushroom Risotto
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
100g chopped bacon
2 cups chicken stock or water
1 cup frozen peas
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 x 420g condensed cream of mushroom soup
100g sliced mushrooms
1 small finely chopped onion
1. Stir condensed creamy mushroom soup and stock or water together.
2. Melt butter in an ovenproof pot and gently sauté onion, garlic, bacon and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute.
4. Pour over soup and stock. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
5. Cover pot with a tight fitting lid. Transfer to a pre-heated 190C fan oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until the rice is soft to the bite. Stir once or twice during cooking. 5 minutes before the end of cooking stir in 1 cup of frozen peas.