Frozen Mango Bars
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups water
3 x 425g cans sliced mangos drained (or fresh)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 x 300ml thickened cream
1. Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Bring to the boil and boil for about 5 minutes, or until syrup thickens slightly. Cool to room temperature.
3. Blend or process mangoes, sugar syrup and lemon juice until smooth.
4. Combine one cup of mango mixture with cream.
5. Line a 20 cm x 30 cm lamington pan with foil.
6. Pour mango cream mixture into pan. Freeze until firm.
7. Pour remaining mango mixture over frozen mango cream in pan. Freeze for several hours, or until firm.
8. Cut into slices when frozen and store in freezer.
You can use other types of fruit; the fruit should be about 4 cups when pureed.