Apricot and Passionfruit Tiramisu
7 ripe apricots (350g)
1/2 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup water
300ml tub thickened cream
250g tub mascarpone cheese
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
170g can passionfruit pulp in syrup
16 sponge finger biscuits
halved apricots and fresh
mint, to decorate
1. Cut apricots in half. Remove stones. Coarsely chop flesh. Place in a saucepan. Add sugar and 1 Tbsp of water. Stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until fruit is tender. Place in a food processor. Process until smooth. Refrigerate until cold.
2. Place cream in small bowl of electric mixer. Beat until soft peaks form. Add cheese, mint and half the apricot mixture. Beat until combined and thickened.
3. Combine passionfruit and remaining water in a bowl. Dip half the biscuits, one at a time, in passionfruit mixture. Put on base of a serving dish (6-cup capacity).
4. Spread half the remaining apricot mixture over biscuits. Top with half the cream mixture. Repeat process with remaining biscuits and passionfruit, apricot and cream mixtures. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Serve decorated with apricot halves and fresh mint.