Apricot Yoghurt Muffins
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 cup apricot yoghurt
2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
1 1/2 tablespoons apricot jam
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan.
2. With an electric beater, mix butter and sugar together.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
4. Stir in the milk and yoghurt.
5. Sift in the flour and baking soda, stirring gently until just combined.
6. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin pan.
7. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the apricot jam into the centre of each muffin, pressing down into the mixture slightly to prevent the jam running down the side during cooking.
8. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until just cooked. Cool in tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.