5 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup marsala
1/4 cup dry white wine
1. Combine egg yolks and sugar in top of double saucepan.
2. Beat for a few minutes, off heat, with rotary or electric beater until well combined.
3. Put mixture over simmering water. Gradually beat in half the marsala and half the white wine, beat well. Gradually beat in teh remaining marsala and wine.
4. Beat constantly for about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy.
5. If mixture adheres to side of pan, quickly remove from heat and beat vigorously with wooden spoon – especially around the base.
6. Pour into individual dishes.
In place of marsala, any favourite liqueur can be used. Zabaglione makes an excellent topping for fresh fruit, or pour it warm over icecream.