Photo by Mem
This Recipe is Adapted from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody. I have changed a few things to how I made it. Please visit Peabody’s page for her recipe.
Peabody’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
1 1/4 cups chocolate chip cookie crumbs (I used 400g The Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookie from KMart)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1kg cream cheese (4 x 250g leave out of fridge for a little while before hand to soften)
1 cup dark brown sugar, loosely packed
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, plus some for dusting the truffles
1 tsp vanilla
cookie dough truffles – See recipe at bottom of page (I used about 9 of them)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press this into the bottom of a 10 inch spring form pan.
3. Mix the cheese and sugars with a hand mixer (or a stand mixer).
4. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides and bottom after each egg (If your cream cheese is too hard for the mixer add egg by egg until you can combine the cheese with the sugars then do the rest of the eggs – I had to do this). Add vanilla and flour, beat until completely incorporated.
5. Place truffles into a large bowl sprinkle with flour and lightly coat each one with flour (this helps them not all sink to the bottom). Remove excess flour and fold into cheesecake, reserving a couple to place on the top (otherwise you can poke them into your poured cheesecake and smooth the mix over the top).
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Place the last few truffles on top of the cheesecake.
7. Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours – until firm. Turn the oven off and use a wooden spoon to crack the door open a little while the cheesecake cools down.
8. Place the cheesecake in fidge overnight and then remove from the pan. Serve and Enjoy.
My cheesecake cracked on top as I didn’t wait for it to cool down before I removed it from the oven. We also ate a bit of it hot as we didn’t feel like waiting overnight for it to finish setting. We love it and will definitely make this again.
Cookie Dough Truffles
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour (You might need to add more until firm enough to shape)
395g tin sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
2. Slowly add condensed milk, alternating with flour, beating well after each addition.
3. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Shape into 1-inch balls and place into an air tight container. Store in freezer for at least 3 hours (I did mine overnight).
You will end up with leftovers. Dip in chocolate and eat the rest.
Photo by Mem