500g flour (maida)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
2 tsp sugar
1 cup milk
2 tsp onion seeds
3 tsp oil
salt to taste
1. Sieve flour with baking powder, soda bicarb and salt. Mix sugar, egg, milk and water. Knead it well into a medium soft dough.
2. Apply a little oil and cover it with a wet cloth for one hour.
3. Make 10 equal sized balls. Apply a little oil and put onion seeds on top.
4. Press sides first and then center of the dough ball. Roll it into a round shape.
5. Stretch it from one side to give a triangular (elongated) shape.
6. Now put it on a cloth pad and put it on a preheated Tandoor wall or cook in a preheated oven (250ÂºC) by placing it on a greased tray.
7. Remove when it is crisp and golden brown on both sides. Remove with the help of skewers.