Photo by Rebecca Payn
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Tablespoon peanut oil
700g chicken tenderloins, halved lengthways
1 1/3 cups jasmine rice
6 green onions, sliced diagonally
1 cup satay (barbecue) sauce
1/4 cup coconut milk
olive oil cooking spray
steamed Asian greens, to serve
1. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
2. Combine soy sauce, honey, turmeric, garlic and oil in a ceramic bowl. Add chicken pieces.. Turn to coat well. Thread chicken onto skewers. Spoon over marinade. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits.
3. Cook rice, following packet directions. Use a fork to separate grains. Add onions.
4. Place satay sauce and coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
5. Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Spray skewers with oil. Cook for 6 minutes, turning, or until cooked. Place skewers on plates and drizzle with satay mixture. Serve with rice and Asian greens.