Rum Raisin Ice-Cream
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup rum
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups cream
1. Pour Rum over raisins, cover, let stand overnight.
2. Warm the milk in a small pan.
3. Whisk the eggs with the sugar in a separate bowl.
4. Slowly add warm milk to mixture continuing to whisk. Pour mixture back in the pan and heat slowly until thickened, stirring constantly (looks like very liquid pudding). Do not boil! Let cool to room temperature.
5. Add cream, and chill (Do this in Freezer if in a hurry).
6. When the mixture is cold, transfer the complete mixture to the ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturers instructions BUT remembering to add the rum and raisins as the ice cream begins to thicken.