Orange Sherbet (Icecream Maker)
1 Tablespoon orange zest
1 cup white sugar
2 cups fresh orange juice
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup cream
1. In a blender, mix the orange zest, sugar, orange juice and lemon juice.
2. Strain into a medium sized bowl which has a pouring spout.
3. Place in the freezer until cold (about 30-60 minutes) but don’t let it freeze.
4. Whip cream and vanilla with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
5. Turn mixer down to low and gently pour the orange mixture down the sides of the mixer bowl until it is all combined with the cream.
6. Pour mixture into an icecream maker and churn as to manufacturer’s instructions.
7. After about 25 minutes or when mixture is thick, pour into a plastic container and freeze until firm.