Raspberry, White Chocolate and Macaroon Pizza
1 quantity basic pizza dough
1/3 cup raspberry jam
70g almond macaroons
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2/3 cup white choc bits
vanilla ice-cream or thickened cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a large flat baking tray. Follow steps 1 to 3 of Basic pizza dough recipe (see bellow). Roll dough into a 20cm x 32cm rectangle. Place on prepared tray.
2. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until pizza base is light golden. Remove from oven. Spread raspberry jam over base.
3. Reduce oven to 180°C. Using fingertips, crumble macaroons into a bowl. Add coconut and choc bits. Stir to combine. Sprinkle mixture over raspberry jam. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until coconut is light golden. Serve warm with ice-cream or cream.
Basic Pizza Dough
Makes 1 pizza
7g sachet dry yeast
1 teaspoon caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Combine 3/4 cup warm water, yeast, sugar and salt in a jug. Whisk with a fork to dissolve. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
2. Sift flour into a bowl. Add yeast mixture and oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for 25 to 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
3. Use your fist to punch dough down. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.