Diabetic Lemon Delicious
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking equipment: individual baking dishes, large baking dish for water bath.
Oven temperature: 160C (325F)
5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
rind of 1 lemon, freshly grated
1 tablespoon melted butter
3 tablespoons wholemeal plain flour
1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
1 tablespoon sugar or sweetener
1. Separate eggs. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
2. Beat yolks with remaining ingredients until smooth.
3. Gradually fold the egg white into the mixture.
4. Spoon evenly into four dishes.
5. Place in a larger baking dish. Carefully pour water into the larger baking dish until it reaches two-thirds up the outside of the individual baking dishes.
6. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
7. Cool slightly in the water-filled dish to prevent shrinking.
To Store: Cover and refrigerate for 1 day only.