400 grams Cream cheese diced
200 grams Whipped cream
6 large Mangoes, fresh pureed
300-400 grams Caster sugar
4 teaspoons Vanilla essence
60 grams Gelatine dissolved in hot water.
50 ml Lemon juice
600 grams Sweet biscuits (eg. Teddy Bear)
Strawberries for decoration
1 x 30 cm Cake/cheesecake mould
1. Crush the sweet biscuits to a very fine texture and add gradually some melted butter to form a firm but slightly moist paste.
2. Push the biscuit base into the greased mould base and sides to about 1 cm thick.
3. In a blender or by hand, blend the cream cheese with the lemon juice. When softened, slowly add the the mango puree, sugar, vanilla essence and mix well together.
4. Add the whipped cream and slowly fold into the mix. Add and fold in the gelatine.
5. Pour the cheesecake mix into the mould. Even out the mix and place in refrigerator to chill.
6. When set, carefully remove from mould. Cut into triangular slices, decorate with strawberries and serve with cream.