Gluten Free Potato and Pumpkin Gnocchi
700g mashed potatoes
300g mashed pumpkin
250g white rice flour
80g corn starch
30g grated parmesan
Salt and Pepper
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
50ml olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
400g can crushed tomatoes
1/4 bunch basil leaves
1. Place all the gnocchi ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
2. Remove from the bowl and place onto a clean, rice floured surface and knead together for approximately 2 minutes.
3. Divide and roll the mixture into cherry sized balls.
4. Using a fork, roll each ball lightly to make groves. This will help the sauce to stick to them.
5. Plunge the gnocchi into boiling salted water, ensuring not to over crowd the saucepan.
6. When cooked, gnocchi will float to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon.
7. Heat the oil in a pan.
8. Fry the onions and garlic until soft.
9. Add the can of tomatoes and basil leaves and cook on a slow simmer for 20-30 minutes.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
Gently mix the cooked gnocchi through the sauce, place on a serving dish and garnish with parmesan shards and chopped basil.