Apple Cream Cake
400g tin of pie apple
1 Cup self raising flour
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 Cup castor sugar
1/2 Cup ground almond meal
3/4 Cup cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
2/4 cup of slivered almond for the top
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease and line a 20 cm round cake tin.
2. Chop apples and put onto some kitchen drain paper to soak up excess moisture for 10 minutes or so.
3. Meanwhile sift flour and spices into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and almond meal. Using a wooden spoon, lightly fold in combined cream, egg and vanilla essence into the dry ingredients. Fold in the drained apple and pour into prepared tin.
4. Sprinkle the top with almonds.
5. Bake for about 1 to 1 1/4 hours until cooked when tested.
6. Cool in tin for 5 minutes before placing onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar.