6 Tbsp butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
2 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup boiling water
1. Beat butter and sugar to a cream.
2. Add lightly beaten egg and vanilla. Beat well.
3. Sift flour, bicarb soda and cocoa together 3 times.
4. Fold in dry ingredients, alternating with milk.
5. Add boiling water and mix through.
6. Pour into a well greased and floured cake tin.
7. Bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Ice with chocolate icing.