350g fillet of white fish, baked, poached or steamed – drained and flaked and cooking liquid reserved
1/2 cup basic white sauce
2 tablespoons grated Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 potatoes, cooked
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Cook fish as directed.
2. Warm the white sauce gently and add the flaked fish and liquid.
3. Stir through and cook gently, stirring constantly, until warmed through.
4. Add the cheese and stir until the cheese has melted into the sauce.
5. Stir in the parsley, chopped eggs and lemon juice.
6. Pour the fish mixture into a greased pie dish.
7. Mash the potato with milk and butter until smooth.
8. Spread over the mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
9. Mash, puree or mouli, according to your baby’s preference.