Curried Tuna and Rice Slice
1 cup rice
salt and pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp parsley
60g cheese grated
2 Tbsp flour
1 and 1/2 cup of milk
2 tsp of lemon juice
1. Cook rice in boiling salted water for 12 minutes; drain. Combine rice with butter, egg, salt and pepper.
2. Line an 18cm x 28cm dish with aluminium foil, bringing it above sides of dish. Press mixture over base and sides of tin. Arrange drained, flaked tuna over rice base.
3. Melt butter. Add flour and curry powder, stirring until smooth; cook 1 minute and then remove from heat. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
4. Add mayonnaise and return to heat; stir until sauce boils and thickens.
5. Add lemon juice and parsley. Reduce heat, simmer 1 minute and then remove from heat.
6. Add beaten egg and cool slightly.
7. Pour mixture onto tuna. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
8. Bake in a moderate oven 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.