Chocolate and Espresso Baby Cakes
8-10 croissants (stale)
200g dark chocolate, grated
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup cream
100ml strong espresso coffee (ready brewed)
2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
2 tablespoons caster sugar
butter for greasing
icing sugar to serve
1. Lightly grease a standard size muffin tin. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Slice croissants and place one layer into the muffin tins; top with a little grated chocolate, raisins and brown sugar. Repeat with alternate layers, then press down well.
3. Beat eggs, salt, milk, cream, coffee, liqueur and caster sugar to combine. Carefully drizzle the liquid over the cakes.
4. Cover the tin and set aside for 30 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cool a little before removing from the tin.
6. Serve warm or cold, dusted with a little icing sugar.