Chocolate Temptation Biscuits
365g dark chocolate
6 tablespoons butter, plus extra for greasing
1 teaspoon strong coffee granules/powder
150g soft brown sugar
225g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
2 teaspoon almond essence
50g chopped brazil nuts
50g chopped hazelnuts
40g white chocolate
1. Put 225g of the dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl with the butter and coffee. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and heat until the chocolate is almost melted.
2. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl until fluffy. Whisk in the sugar gradually until thick. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir until smooth; then stir into the eggs mixture until combined.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and stir into the chocolate mixture. Chop 85g of the dark chocolate into pieces and stir into the dough. Stir in the almond essence and nuts.
4. Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto greased baking trays and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius, for 15-20 minutes. Cool the biscuits.
5. To decorate, melt the remaining dark chocolate and the white chocolate separately and pipe lines of chocolate onto the biscuits alternating white and dark.