Choc Hazelnut Profiteroles
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1 cup (250ml) water
80g butter, chopped
4 eggs, lightly beaten
150g dark chocolate
200ml thickened cream
2 tablespoons Frangelico
300ml thickened cream, extra
2 tablespoons icing sugar
1 tablespoon Frangelico, extra
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200Â°C (180Â°C fan-forced).
2. To make the choux pastry, sift flour into a medium bowl. Combine water, butter and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. As soon as mixture is boiling and butter has melted tip in sifted flour. Remove from heat and stir vigorously until mixture comes away from the sides of the pan. Continue to beat about 20 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
3. Tip mixture into a food processor and with the motor running, gradually add the egg, a little at a time, until it is all incorporated and you have a smooth but wet dough. Alternatively, use a wooden spoon to gradually beat in the egg a little at a time until all incorporated and mixture is glossy.
4. Using 2 teaspoons, drop teaspoonfuls of mixture about 5cm apart onto baking paper lined trays. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up; cool completely.
5. Combine chocolate and cream in a small microwave proof bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds, or melt in a small saucepan over medium heat until smooth. Stir to melt chocolate into the cream, add Frangelico. The mixture may need another 20 second burst in the microwave to melt completely; set aside until required.
6. Whip cream with icing sugar and Frangelico until soft peaks. Cut profiteroles in half and fill each one with teaspoon of whipped cream. Arrange on a platter. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with the nuts.