750g stewing steak
2 stalks celery
1/2 capsicum (optional)
1 1/2 cups water
4 tablespoons flour (4x20ml spoons)
1/4 teaspoon mixed herbs
3 tablespoons (3x20mls) tomato paste
1 tablespoon (1x20ml spoon) Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven 150C.
1. Remove excess fat from meat.
2. Dice into 2cm cubes and place in a plastic bag with flour, herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Shake well and place in casserole dish.
4. Wash, peel and chop vegetables and place over meat.
5. Pour water into a small bowl. Add tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce and stir.
6. Pour over casserole dish and stir meat and vegetables together.
7. Cover with alfoil and cook in a slow oven for 1 1/2 hours.
Variations and Additions
2 rashers Bacon
2 T fresh Parsley
1/2 C Peas