250g dried apricots
1 1/2 cups water, divided
4 tablespoons sugar
Finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange
3 teaspoons gelatine
2 tablespoons brandy or Cointreau, optional
1 x 200g carton vanilla reduced-fat yoghurt
1 egg white
6 tablespoons passionfruit reduced-fat yoghurt and fresh mint leaves for decoration
1. Place apricots in a medium pan with 1 cup water and sugar. Add orange rind and juice. Cover and bring to the boil over a medium heat, reduce heat to low and stew until apricots are tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside until lukewarm.
2. In a small heatproof bowl, place gelatine and remaining 1/2 cup water, stir until smooth. Stand bowl of gelatine in a pan of simmering water half way up side of bowl, until gelatine is dissolved.
3. In a food processor or blender, mix apricot mixture to a puree. Pour into a mixing bowl and add gelatine, also at luke-warm temperature, mixing quickly.
4. Add brandy, if used, and vanilla yoghurt and fold in gently, using a plastic spatula. Whisk egg whites, with an electric mixer, until stiff, and fold into apricot mixture.
5. Pour mixture into 6 individual dessert dishes and place in refrigerator until set. Top each mousse with a tablespoon of passionfruit yoghurt and decorate with mint leaves before serving.