Photo by Julie O’Malley
Almond Jam Biscuits
185g butter, chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup (60g) almond meal
1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
1/2 tsp baking power
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Beat butter, extract, sugar and egg yolks in medium bowl with electric mixer until just combined.
- Stir in almond meal, flour and baking powder; mix well. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into smooth balls; place about 5cm apart on ungreased oven trays.
- Press a hollow into each ball about 1 cm deep and 1.5cm wide using the handle of a lightly floured wooden spoon.
- Carefully spoon jam into the biscuits.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until biscuits are browned lightly; cool on trays. If jam sinks during cooking, top up with a little extra, if desired.