1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 3/4 cups SR flour
1. Set oven to 160°C.
2. Collect all utensils and ingredients.
3. Grease oven slide, beat egg lightly.
4. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until it’s cream colour.
5. Gradually add beaten egg to butter mixture. Stir in sifted flour until no lumps occur.
6. Lightly flour bench top. Knead biscuit mixture lightly until it holds together.
7. Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls. Place on greased tray and press down with a fork.
7. Roll biscuit mixture out evenly with a floured rolling pin.
8. Cut biscuits using floured cutters.
9. Decorate if required with almond, cherry, etc.
10. Bake for 10-12 mins until lightly golden
11. Allow to cool on tray.
Cinnamon – sift 2 teaspoons cinnamon with flour.
Lemon or Orange – add grated rind of 1 lemon or 1 orange with sugar.