Twice Roasted Potatoes with Onion, Herbs and Chilli
4-6 large floury potatoes, scrubbed
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
40g unsalted butter, chopped
1. Preheat oven 200c.
2. Prick the whole potatoes all over with a fork. Place on a baking tray, then roast in the oven for 1 hour until cooked.
3. Remove the tray from the oven (leaving the oven on). And allow to cool slightly. Once cool enough to handle, tear the potatoes into 3cm chunks.
4. Return the potato chunks to the baking tray and scatter with the sliced onion, rosemary, thyme, chilli flakes and garlic. Drizzle with the evoo and toss well to combine. Dot with pieces of butter and season with plenty of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Roast the potatoes on the top shelf of the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning regularly, until crisp and golden.
6. Drizzle some of the pan juices over the potatoes when plated up.