Tiramisu Cup Cakes
2 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla essence
125g butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 x 59g eggs
1 1/3 cups self raising flour
1/4 cup custard powder
2/3 cup milk
125g cream cheese
2 tbsp caster sugar
150ml thickened cream
1 Tbsp Marsala
1. Put coffee in small bowl, add 2 tsp hot water and stir until coffee dissolves, then add vanilla.
2. Beat butter, sugar and coffee mixture until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
4. Sift together flour and custard powder.
5. Fold flour mixture and milk alternately into creamed mixture to form a smooth batter.
6. Line a 12 x 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan with foil muffin cases.
7. Spoon cake mix evenly into muffin cases.
8. Bake in 200c preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until just firm in centre.
9. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
10. Cut a circle from top of each cake, down to depth of 2cm.
11. Spoon a heaped tsp of filling (below) into each hollow, stand tops in filling and sprinkle with cocoa.
Beat cream, cheese and sugar in bowl with electric mixer until smooth; add thickened cream and Marsala; continue beating until thick and creamy.