Photo by Denise C
1 cup strong brewed espresso coffee
14 sponge finger biscuits
500g cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
250g carton sour cream
1/3 cup cream
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
200g white chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 23cm (base) springform cake pan with baking paper. Grease sides.
2. Pour coffee into a shallow dish. Dip biscuits into coffee. Arrange over base of cake pan, breaking biscuits so base is completely covered.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs, a little at a time, mixing well. Stir in sour cream until just combined.
4. Pour mixture over biscuits. Place onto baking tray. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until centre is firm. Turn oven off. Leave door ajar for 3 hours.
5. To make topping: Heat cream and coffee in a saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes or until coffee has dissolved. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.