Photo by Julie O’Malley
Stir Fried Pork with Honey Noodles and Vegetables
440g thin hokkien noodles
2 tsp peanut oil
400g pork fillet, very thinly sliced
1 onion, peeled, cut in half and sliced
12 green beans, sliced in half lengthways
4 spring onions finely sliced
1 carrot, julienned
1 zucchini, julienned
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/3 cup oyster sauce
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp sesame oil
2/3 cup picked coriander leaves
1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey and sesame oil in a small jug, put aside.
2. Prepare noodles according to packet instructions and drain.
3. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a wok over high heat until smoking. Add half the pork and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until browned; remove and repeat with remaining oil and pork. Set aside.
4. Add onion and carrots to the hot wok, along with 1 Tbsp of water and stir-fry for 1 minute.
5. Add zucchini and beans, if they are looking a little dry, add a sprinkle of peanut oil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until veg are starting to soften.
6. Add spring onions and cook for about 30 seconds.
7. Return pork to wok along with drained noodles and stir to mix well.
8. Pour in sauces and toss to coat evenly and to heat through. Remove from heat and scatter over coriander and sesame seeds. Serve immediately into heated bowls.