Roast Lemongrass and Ginger Chicken with Asian Greens
2 x 600g double breast of chicken, skin on
1 Tbsp olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
160g lemongrass and ginger butter, softened (see below)
Lemongrass and Ginger Butter:
2 Tbsp finely sliced lemongrass, white part only
1 Tbsp ginger, finely grated
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 eschalots, peeled and diced
1 lime, juiced
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp castor sugar
100g diced unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
steamed Asian greens (such as bok choy or Chinese broccoli) to serve
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. To Make the Butter: Blend lemongrass in a food processor until very fine, then add the ginger, garlic and eschalots and blend again.
3. Combine remaining ingredients except the butter and blend until a smooth paste forms. Transfer paste to mixing bowl and fold through the butter. Check seasoning.
4. Divide the butter mixture and push under the skin of each double breast, covering the entire breast area. Secure skin at the front of the breast with toothpicks to prevent skin shrinking during roasting.
5. Lightly rub breasts with a little olive oil and seasoning. Place chicken on lined baking trays, skin side up.
6. Roast for about 30 minutes or until just cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Discard toothpicks.
8. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve with steamed Asian greens.