Rich Truffle Mud Cake
100g (1/2 cup firmly packed) brown sugar
400g dark chocolate, melted
250ml (1 cup) thick cream (48% fat content)
80ml (1/3 cup) Cointreau
1. Position oven shelves; preheat oven to 180°C. Grease deep 22cm-round cake pan, line base and side with baking paper.
2. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer about 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. With motor operating, gradually beat in barely warm chocolate until combined.
3. Using metal spoon, gently fold in combined cream and liqueur. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
4. Place pan in baking dish; pour enough boiling water into dish to come halfway up side of pan.
5. Bake cake at 180°C 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil; bake about 30 minute. Discard foil; cool cake in pan.
6. Turn cake onto serving plate; cover, refrigerate overnight. Serve dusted with a little sifted cocoa, if desired.