Pumpkin and Pine Nut Ravioli with Sage-Butter Sauce
500g Kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
55g (1/3 cup) pine nuts
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 teaspoons ground cumin
20g (1/4 cup) shredded parmesan
375g fresh lasagne sheets
Salt, to season
200g butter, chopped
1/4 cup small fresh sage leaves
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cook the pumpkin in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water for 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a medium bowl. Use a fork to mash until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Add the garlic and cumin and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the pine nut mixture and parmesan to the pumpkin and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 pasta sheet on a lightly floured surface. Place heaped teaspoonfuls of pumpkin mixture, in 2 rows, at 5cm intervals on the pastry sheet, leaving a 2cm border around the edges. Use a pastry brush to brush the pasta around the pumpkin mixture with water. Top with another pasta sheet and press the edges together to seal. Use a ravioli wheel or knife to cut between the pumpkin mixture to make squares. Repeat with the remaining pasta sheets and filling.
- To make the sage-butter sauce, melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the sage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until the sage is crisp and the butter is light golden. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Cook half the ravioli in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 5-8 minutes or until al dente. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining pasta. Divide the ravioli among serving bowls and spoon over the sage-butter sauce. Serve.