2 1/2 cups (310 g/10 oz) self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1/2 cup (80 g/2 2/3 oz) lightly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups (310 ml/10 fl oz) soy or rice milk
140g (4 1/2 oz) apricot puree
4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
100 ml (3 1/3 fl oz) olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200Â°C (400Â°F/Gas 6). Line 12 x 1/2 cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) capacity muffin holes with muffin cases.
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spice into a bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre.
3. Whisk together the milk, apricot puree, bananas and oil and pour into the well. Mix until just combined.
4. Divide the mixture among the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely.
Egg, Nut and Dairy Free