6 egg yolks
1/4 cup Fruit Sweet
1/2 cup flour
2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. butter
* In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and Fruit Sweet until thick and pale.
* While continuing to beat, gradually sift in flour.
* Pour into a saucepan and place over low heat on the stove and gradually add milk and vanilla.
* Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened to a custard consistency, about 15 minutes.
* Remove from heat.
* Melt butter and pour over custard to prevent a skin from forming while it cools.
Makes 3 cups.