Lemongrass and Ginger Scented Chicken
1 tablespoon olive oil
2kg chicken thigh fillets, skin and fat
2 medium onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
5cm piece ginger, peeled, sliced
2 large red chillies, seeded, sliced
2 stalks lemon grass, trimmed, bruised
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
200g sugar snap peas
1. Heat oil in a large frypan until hot; seal sides of chicken in batches, then quickly remove from pan. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Reduce heat; add onions and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, place in slow cooker with remaining ingredients except sugar snap peas.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 5-6 hours.
4. About 15 minutes before serving, add the sugar snap peas and gently stir through. Cover and cook until the peas are just tender.
5. Garnish with remaining chilli and serve with steamed rice.