Chicken Pasta Bake
250g (2 cups) cooked fusilli pasta
125g cottage cheese
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
500g minced chicken
400g can tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons homemade tomato sauce or commercial Italian sauce
300ml carton fresh cream or 1/2 cream and 1/2 natural yoghurt
1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In a mixing bowl, mix the pasta, cottage cheese and 1 egg. Put into a greased baking dish.
2. In a frying pan, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onion until soft.
3. Add the chicken and cook until it changes colour, stirring frequently.
4. Add the tomatoes, water and tomato sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes, and then pour over the pasta mixture.
5. Beat the remaining eggs with the cream. Mix in the cheese and spoon over the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Puree or mouli portions for your baby.