Easy Banana Bread
Servings: 1 loaf
You can also add a little orange, lemon or lime juice for a nice tangy flavour, or ground cinnamon and nutmeg for a spicy twist.
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas with butter.
3. Add in eggs and vanilla, and mix.
4. Add in sugar, baking soda and salt, and mix.
5. Add flour last and mix well.
6. Pour mixture into a greased and floured bread loaf pan.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool before removing from pan.