Cottage Cheese in Coconut Gravy
250g cottage cheese (in the form of a solid block).
1 1/2 teacup coconut milk
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp oil refined
oil for deep frying too.
To be Ground into Paste:
3 green chillies
1 medium onion
25mm (1″) piece ginger
chopped cilantro leaves
1. Cut the cottage cheese into cubes and deep fry in oil to a light pink colour. Remove and place in luke-warm water.
2. Add cornflour to the coconut milk.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil and add cumin seeds and wait till they crackle, then add the ground paste and fry for 2 mins.
4. Add the coconut milk and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat add cottage cheese and salt.
5. Return to fire and cook for a few mins. Sprinkle cilantro leaves and serve.