Chocolate Fondant with Raspberry Coulis and Fresh Berries
200g dark cooking chocolate
60g butter, chopped
2 Tablespoons plain flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons caster sugar
2 Tablespoons water
200g frozen raspberries
Double cream, to serve
Fresh raspberries, to garnish
1 Tablespoon icing sugar, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease four 1/2 cup (125ml capacity) ceramic ramekins and arrange on a baking tray.
2. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove and allow to cool.
3. Place butter, eggs, flour and sugar in a food processor and process until smooth. Slowly add the cooled melted chocolate and mix until combined.
4. Carefully spoon 1/3 cup of mixture into each ramekin and bake for 15 – 16 minutes or until cooked on the outside. Stand for 5 minutes in ramekins.
5. For the Coulis: Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan, stirring over a medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Add berries and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and push mixture through a fine sieve. Transfer to a serving jug.
6. To Serve: Gently invert warm fondants onto serving plates. Garnish with cream, berries, a drizzle of coulis and a dusting of icing sugar.