Chicken in Garlic Sauce
1 kg boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 Tbsp sweet paprika
2 Tbsp olive oil
8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 bay leaf
2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Trim any excess fat from chicken and cut thighs into thirds.
2. Combine paprika with some salt and pepper in a bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
3. Heat half oil in large frying pan over high heat and cook garlic cloves until brown, then remove from pan.
4. Cook chicken in batches for 5 minutes, or until brown all over.
5. Return all chicken to pan, add sherry and boil for 30 seconds. Add stock and bay leaf. Reduce heat and simmer, covered over low heat for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, squeeze garlic pulp from the skins and pound with the parsley into a paste using a mortar and pestle or a small bowl and the back of a spoon. Stir into the chicken, then cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender.