Cherry Ripe Mud Cake
250g unsalted butter, chopped
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
1 2/3 cups (400ml can) coconut milk
200g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
2 cups (440g) caster sugar
3/4 cup (110g) self raising flour
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1/2 cup (25g) cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
2 x 85g Cherry Ripe bars, chopped coarsely
200g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely, extra
125g unsalted butter, chopped, extra
1. Preheat oven to slow (150Â°C). Grease deep 22cm round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan; add coffee, coconut milk, chocolate and sugar. Stir over heat until chocolate melts and sugar dissolves; cool to room temperature.
3. Whisk in sifted dry ingredients, then eggs and essence; stir in half of the Cherry Ripe. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining cherry ripe; bake in slow oven about 1 3/4 hours. Stand cake 10 minutes; turn, top side up, onto wire rack to cool.
4. Combine extra chocolate and extra butter in small saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Refrigerate until mixture is of spreadable consistency.
5. Spread chocolate mixture all over cake.
From The Australian Women’s Weekly Home Library ‘Wicked’ Cookbook.Â