3 1/2 cups (420 g / 14 oz) gluten-free all-purpose flour pre mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons dried yeast
1/2 cup (60 g / 2 oz) grated cheddar cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 3/4 cups (440 ml / 14 fl oz) warm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 230Â°C (450Â°F / Gas 8). Lightly grease a 12 x 1/2 cup (125 ml / 4 fl oz) capacity non-stick muffin pan.
2. Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a bowl, stir in the yeast and cheese and make a well in the center.
3. Whisk together the egg, water and oil, pour into the well and stir into the dry ingredients. Mix well with electric beaters for 5 minutes.
4. Spoon the mixture into the muffin holes, cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap and set aside to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
5. Remove the plastic wrap. Sprinkle the rolls with sesame seeds and bake for 25 minutes. Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. These dense bread rolls are best eaten on the day they are baked. They can also be frozen and reheated in the microwave.