For added texture and flavour, add walnut pieces into the cake mix before baking it.
2 tbsp margarine
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs, beaten separately
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tbsp milk
1 1/2 cups SR flour, sifted
1. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla together.
2. Beat 2 eggs separately in another bowl.
3. Gradually beat in this mixture to the one created in step 1.
4. Add mashed bananas.
5. Mix bicarb soda to milk in a small cup.
6. Gradually add flour and bicarb mixture to the mix.
7. Bake in 180Â°C oven for 30 minutes.
Tried this one tonight. Very nice, but a little bit dry. I would add a bit more milk next time. (Was very nice before cooking it though!!)