Banana Pecan Loaf
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tap baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup very ripe mashed banana
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9″x5″ loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, mix mashed banana, apple sauce, egg whites and egg with a fork.
4. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture just to moisten. Spoon batter into pan, sprinkle with chopped pecans.
5. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Cool loaf in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan, cool completely.