6 egg yolks
200 grams castor sugar
200ml mango puree
10ml vanilla essence
350ml whipped cream
1. In a suitable sized bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until the mix is smooth and creamy.
2. Heat the milk in a sauce pan until it just reaches boiling point, then slowly pour the milk onto the egg mix.
3. Half fill your saucepan with water and place back onto the heat. Place your bowl with the milk and egg mix on top and begin stirring constantly until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly. Fold in the mango puree and then allow the mix to cool completely.
4. When cold, carefully fold in the whipped cream: make sure there are no lumps of cream visible in the mixture.
5. Pour the mix into glasses and place in the freezer until set, approximately one or two hours.
Serving Suggestion: Garnish with some extra mango puree and some vanilla-flavoured whipped cream (or double cream, if you prefer).