The Ultimate Chocolate Brownie
200g good quality dark chocolate, chopped (not cooking chocolate)
200g butter, chopped
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
1/4 cup self raising flour, sifted
180g good quality white chocolate chopped (not cooking chocolate)
1 cup walnuts chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 3cm deep, 16.5cm x 26cm (base) slab pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends
2. Combine dark chocolate and butter in heat proof microwave safe bowl. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon until almost all melted. Stir until smooth
3. Add cocoa and sugar to warm chocolate mixture. Stir until cocoa dissolves. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Add flours. Stir until just combined. Fold in white chocolate and walnuts
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre has moist crumbs clinging. Cool completely in the pan. Serve with cream.