Speedy Stir-Fried Prawns
1 kg green king prawns
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/4 cup cornflour
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
4 spring onions/shallots, sliced
1 plump clove garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
4 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
1 tablespoon chilli sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Shell and devein prawns; leave the tail and the last shell segment attached.
2. Fry sesame seeds in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat, until seeds are ‘toasted’.
3. Place prawns, cornflour and lemon pepper in a bowl; toss evenly coated.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a wok, or a heavy-based frying pan, on a medium-high heat. Add prawns and stir-fry using a wooden spoon or spatula, just until prawns turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove prawns from pan to a warm serving plate; keep warm.
5. Add remaining vegetable and sesame oil to wok with spring onions, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add honey, soy sauce, chilli sauce and lemon juice. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Pour over the prawns, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.