Red Curry Chicken
1 1/2 kg chicken thigh fillets
2 tablespoons oil
2 onions, sliced
2-3 tablespoons red curry paste
2 large potatoes, peeled, quartered
400ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon palm sugar
1/3 cup coriander leaves
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Trim fat from chicken and cut into large chunks.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan and brown chicken, in batches. Remove from pan.
3. Add onions to frying pan and cook until softened. Add curry paste; cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
4. Place chicken and potatoes into slow cooker and pour onion mixture over the top.
5. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours. 20 minutes before serving, stir through coconut milk, palm sugar and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Note: Curry pastes vary in flavour and temperature. You may want to adjust the amount according to the one you have purchased.