Planet Cake Cupcakes
175g (3/4cup) Unsalted Butter
160g (3/4cup) Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Grated lemon zest
1 Tablespoon Madeira (optional)
160g Self-raising Flour
100g Plain Flour
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160C fan-forced). Line a 12 hole cupcake tray with paper cases.
2. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and a pinch of salt with electric beaters until pale and fluffy. Add the Madeira and beat until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift the flours together.
Using a wooden spoon, fold the flour and milk alternately into the creamed mixture.
4. Spoon into the papercases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when poked into the middle of the cake.
5. Leave in the tray for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.