Passionfruit Butter Cake
You will need about 4 passionfruit for this recipe.
Passionfruit Butter Cake can be made 2 days ahead.
125g butter, chopped
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup passionfruit pulp
1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
1 teaspoon soft butter
1 tablespoon passionfruit pulp
1 tablespoon milk, approximately
1. Grease a 21cm baba cake pan.
2. Combine butter, sugar, eggs, flour and milk in medium bowl of electric mixer, beat on low speed until ingredients are combined. Then, beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and changed in colour. Stir in passionfruit, spread into prepared pan.
3. Bake in moderate oven about 45 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Turn onto wire rack to cool.
4. Top cold Passionfruit Butter Cake with passionfruit icing.
5. Sift icing sugar into small heatproof bowl, stir in butter, passionfruit and enough milk to give a firm paste. Stir over pan of hot water until icing is spreadable; do not overheat. Spread warm icing over cold cake immediately.
Un-iced cake suitable to freeze.
Passionfruit icing suitable to microwave.